Saturday, May 27, 2006

I'm a newly arrived freelance photographer in New York City. I've made the leap from working for someone else to working for myself. And I've chosen to do that in the biggest pond imaginable. I must be crazy. So to document the descent into madness I'm going to keep it all here. All the embarassing and humiliating moments, the crazy things I'm going to do to pay the rent while waiting for my invoices to come in. All of it, and a little bit of media commentary as well. I care about images, I think they are important and I want to try and add a little bit of understanding to the world through mine. Cheesy? Hell yeah. But every photographer I know, every good, committed image-maker, button-pusher, they all have this idealistic outlook, in spite of the mountains of shit they have to climb to get anywhere in this business. That's what this blog is about, trying to get past all of that.

No comments: